I got so many sweet messages wishing me a happy first mother's day...and I was so thankful for everyone's kind words. Some of the gals from The Dental Office brought some beautiful plants and a Mother's Day balloon.
And sweet Aunt Shelley left some beautiful hydrangeas from her garden at my doorstep. Last year, she cut some pink ones for my birthday but was able to change them to blue this year...just in time for Baby Henry!!!
Lance and I took Henry to a nearby park for his first outing. I only made it half way around before I started hurting..so our trip wasn't as long as we had hoped but Henry really enjoyed his nap in his stroller!
My parents came over for lunch and Henry got to take a ride in my dad's convertible. Henry was definitely stylin and profilin....well more like napping and tooting, but what do you expect!!!
The last two weeks have made me appreciate my own mother so much. I could not have made it through our first days and nights with Henry without her or Lance's mom. I truly understand now what love they feel for us when I think of Henry. Sleepless nights and all the pain are nothing when it comes to having Henry here with us. He is the joy of our life and I would not have celebrated today as I did without him. And to all the other moms out there, Happy Mother's Day!

What a fun day?! YEA for making it to the park! Oh, and tell your Daddy I want a ride in that convertible...:)
ReplyDeleteI love this post! :)
ReplyDelete